Monday, December 21, 2009

Wolf-Hybrid Training

Wow, where has the time gone?

Since starting a full time job we have blocked a section of our home to Tundra so she has her kennel to sleep in, a place to do her business and a little section to play.

So far we've come home twice to her creating an absolute mess with her puppy training pad as I'm assuming she got bored. She is already starting to become our little guard dog barking at the cats outside.                    Tundra 7 weeks old --->



This Saturday we had her in doggy obedience as her first Vet visit caused her to freak out at the vet and bite when the vet when to check her lymph nodes (her throat area). A normal dog usually does well but with a high-content wolf breed, you must be very careful when approaching the jugular as they take this as a threat to their life.

Tundra 8 weeks old (Sorry for bad pic of me lol)

After coming home, thankfully, our breeder had an appointment the exact same day with all 4 of his dogs/wolves. He asked which vet was ours and after his appointment reported back that this vet had no idea what she was doing when handling wolves and not only his full grown (well behaved) wolves wanted to bite her face off but also his German Shepards too!

I use the analogy of going to a doctor with humans. If you don't really feel comfortable with your doctor or you get the wrong vibe from them (not matter if they did something wrong or not) you generally don't go back to that doctor. The lady that cut Tundras nails was very good with Tundra and she was a very good girl for that step at the vet.

Well I'm at work so I must run but I will keep postings of how we are training our little wolf (and hopefully Jason will help me out!).

Tundra 9 weeks old --->

2 comments:

  1. where are you, i like you and the puppy, but mainly you... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no longer have my girl. I made a very difficult decision to leave the relationship that I was in and J got to keep the house and our girl. I still visit her every once in a while but it is hard and I miss her very much.

      I keep the blog up for people wanting to learn about pointers on raising such a smart breed. Wolf-hybrids are absolutely worth all the work you put into them if you raise them right. Tundra is an amazing animal and I love her very much.

      Thank you for your kind words <3

      Delete